Friday, January 15, 2010

Mexican Bread

So, I officially had THE most awkward experience at subway today. It all started around 10:45 p.m. when Mallori and I realized we had not eaten dinner, but we DID have BOGO subway coupons. SCORE! Upon pulling up to the drive through we were instructed to drive around and order at the window, no big deal, so unknowingly embark on my most awkward moment of 2010 thus far. The sandwich artist (SA) at the window instantly recognizes me...haha omg Kim you go there so much they know you? Yeah, that's not the first time ANNND definitely not the wierdest part of the night. He leans forward to look me in the eye (I'm in the passenger seat) and says...

"Hey girl why don't you come in and order inside no more? We all lovvve it when you come in!"
me-"uhmm oh ha uhhh the dining room is closed?"
SA- "girl you got legs that go all the way from here to over there! (gesturing to the end of the building, approx. 20 ft., which is not only inaccurate, it also made me feel very uncomfortable)"
me- "oh my god haha"
SA- "yeahh i remember you coming in in that gray mini skirt"
me-"...."
SA (to Mallori) -"yeah girl even you look good! what kind of chips ya'll want?"
So..that was my awkward experience. Mallori proceeded to tell me that he probably thinks at me late at night and suggested I wear shorts to get free subway for life. What would I do without my friend's wonderful advice?

Oh yeah, the title of the blog isn't about the fat mexican sandwich artist. Prior to our uncomfortable conversation he told the OTHER dude making sandwiches that we wanted "mexican bread" instead of wheat...because it's brown.


Listening to: John O'Callaghan. enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment